AJA FS2 Dual ch. universal 3G/HD/SD audio/video frame sync/convertor
- ECO friendly webshop
- Personal advice
- 25 years of experience
- Over 4.000 products
- Secure payment
- Register and discover your discounts
With dual-channel conversion and frame synchronizing in a slim 1RU space, FS2 can do the work of two separate devices or combine both processors together for maximum flexibility.
- 2-channel HD/SD Frame Synchronizer and Format Converter
- 2x 3G-SDI Inputs
- 2x Fiber 3G-SDI Inputs (optional)
- HD component YPbPr, SMPTE-274 (3x BNC) Input
- HDMI I/O
- 2x 3G-SDI Outputs
- 2x Fiber 3G-SDI Outputs (optional)
- HD component YPbPr, SMPTE-274 (3x BNC) Output
- Up, down, cross-conversion
- 16-channel, 24-bit SMPTE-272/299 SDI embedded audio, 48 kHz sample rate, synchronous I/O
- 16-channel, 24-bit AES/EBU audio, 48 kHz sample rate, synchronous or nonsynchronous, internal sample rate conversion (8x XLR via 25-pin breakout cable)
- Front Panel Controls
- Easy to use web UI, configure and control from standard web browsers
- Five year warranty
Dual video and audio processors
Offering huge flexibility and the power to adapt to meet the needs of rapidly changing environments, FS2 offers unprecedented conversion and frame synchronization power in a 1RU space.
Capable of simultaneously working with two independent streams of HD/SD 10-bit broadcast quality video and two independent groups of multi-channel analog or digital audio, each FS2 video channel supports virtually any input or output: analog component or composite, 3G-SDI, Dual Link (1.485 Gb), fiber and HDMI I/O. A fiber I/O option allows fiber cable runs of up to 10 kilometers to be connected directly to the FS2 without the need for separate fiber to SDI conversion. Each video processing channel can be individually cropped and resized using AJA’s image scaling technology for the best possible quality when incorporating nonstandard image sizes.
FS2 can be used as two separate frame synchronizers/format converters or the two channels can be linked with the internal FS2 keyer to do the work of three or more devices - for example, HD sidebar keying where both the video and background graphics are up-converted and combined.
AJA hardware conversion technology
AJA's powerful hardware conversion technology ensures the highest image quality for your productions. Key conversion features include:
- SD/HD up/down-conversion
- SD/SD aspect ratio conversion
- HD/HD cross-conversion (720p/1080i)
- Up/down/cross-conversion with both the input and converted formats on SD/HD SDI outputs (both synchronized)
- HD cross-conversion with simultaneous down-converted SDI output
FS2 can up or down-convert between HD and SD and cross-convert between HD formats. Additionally, FS2 has full input and output signal routing, allowing any I/O port to be assigned to either processing channel.
Digital and Analog I/O
Capable of simultaneously working with two independent streams of 3G/HD/SD 10-bit broadcast-quality video and two independent groups of 16-channel AES audio, each FS2 video channel supports virtually any input or output: analog component or composite, 3G-SDI, Dual Link (1.485 Gb), Fiber and HDMI I/O.
For audio, FS2 has two audio processors, each supporting 16-Channel AES/EBU digital audio, 16-Channel embedded audio, and 8-Channel balanced analog audio with a variety of controls for maximum flexibility. The output of each processor can be embedded in its respective video processor output (SDI, fiber, or HDMI), or sent to the AES or balanced outputs. For 3G and Dual Link inputs, the audio processors can have access to all 32 channels.
Remote configuration and control
FS units are network ready and support SNMP monitoring and web-based remote control. Units can be connected to any Ethernet network via the built-in 10/100/1000MB Ethernet port, allowing control and configuration of multiple FS units from any web browser on a connected computer. Configurations can be saved and applied to multiple units, ensuring consistency and quick configuration in large installs.
To integrate smoothly with the existing automation of a facility, FS2 can also receive external GPI commands to trigger a variety of functions, from freezing an input source to switching between saved presets.
Fiber I/O option
FS2's Fiber I/O option allows fiber cable runs of up to 10 kilometers to be connected directly to the FS2 without the need for separate fiber to SDI conversion.
Fiber connector supported:
- Single-channel LC connector modules
- Single-channel SC connector modules
- Dual-channel LC connector modules