Sonifex RM-CA2 - Confidence Monitor, 2 LED Meters & 2 Analogue Stereo Inputs
The latest additions to the Reference Monitor range of 1U rack-mount audio monitors are two new confidence monitors. Using the same outstanding speaker system as the Reference Monitor range, the confidence monitors offer a superb sound with a cut-down feature set. The confidence monitors have been designed to give the best possible performance at a reduced price:
The RM-CA2 is a 1U rack-mount unit offering quality loudspeaker monitoring and 2 channel metering of two stereo analogue audio sources. Input 1 has stereo balanced Neutrik™ XLRs and Input 2 has both stereo balanced Neutrik™ XLRs and stereo unbalanced RCA phono connectors. The balanced analogue inputs can be wired unbalanced if required.
Sources are selected via a front panel push-button switch, with clear LED indication of the current source.
A rear panel DIP switch setting allows the unit to monitor either:
- Stereo signals, with the two front panel control knobs acting as stereo volume and balance control, to alter the stereo imaging of the left and right channels, or
- Dual mono signals, with the two front panel control knobs acting as left and right volume controls.
There is a front panel headphone socket which responds to the volume controls
and the headphone socket automatically mutes the internal loudspeakers when a plug is inserted.
A pair of line-level analogue audio outputs follow the selected source at the selected level, or optionally at 10dB lower (if using the unbalanced input), set via rear-panel DIP switch.
The level of the chosen source is shown on an 8 segment LED bar-graph display with PPM and VU scales indicated. The bar-graph can optionally be lowered by 10dB (if using the unbalanced input), set via rear-panel DIP switch.
A single phase meter LED indicates channel correlation or phase error conditions.
The three-way loudspeaker system is fed via a DSP-based active crossover and a trio of highly efficient Class-D amplifiers. Careful attention to driver selection, materials and case design, plus active DSP equalisation, has ensured a flat response and outstanding reproduction from such a shallow unit. A protective limiter prevents damage to the loudspeakers under overload conditions
The RM-CA2 operates from global mains voltages (85-264V AC, 47-63Hz) without adjustment and can optionally be ordered with a DC 9V to 36V input instead of the AC input.
- Anti-vibration steel case.
- Sealed lid with foam cut-outs to dampen lid.
- Multi-point screw fixings ensure lid rigidity.
- Rear connector ports sealed with foam.
- Glue used on components which could move, or vibrate.
- Accurate 3-way speaker system.
- Two mid/high frequency speakers provide excellent stereo imaging.
- Separately driven, forward facing, dual magnet, mono bass driver.
- Custom-moulded, profiled, HF enclosures minimise standing waves.
- Acoustic damping in the HF enclosures reduces colouration.
- Separate, sealed, infinite-baffle enclosure for each driver.
- Magnetically shielded drivers so that the monitors are perfectly safe to use near CRTs and TFT displays.
- Separate, highly efficient class-D switching amplifier for each speaker.
- Short, even cable lengths to and from the speaker enclosures to reduce any potential microphonic induction.
- DSP based design allows better audio performance to be realised.
- Active crossover provides perfect separation between mid-range and bass sounds.
- A universal power supply ensures global voltage operation without adjustment.
- Optional DC power input.