Sonifex AVN-PXH12 / 12x2 Channel Mixer Monitor, AES67 Portal Rackmount
The Sonifex AVN-PXH12 is a monitor-mixer primarily designed for monitoring Audio Over IP audio channels in a compact 1U format rack. Any AES67 audio channels on your network can be assigned to input channels on the unit and mixed down to analogue outputs, a headphone output and built-in speaker.
It is a stereo monitoring device that allows you to monitor up to 12 audio sources, from an input total of 24, at any one time. The 24 audio sources can be selected from 4 discrete stereo analogue audio inputs (1 x front panel 3.5mm jack socket, 2 x rear panel 3.5mm jack sockets and 1 x rear panel stereo XLR input pair) or from any RAVENNA, AES67 or AES67-enabled Dante® AoIP connected streams.
These stereo signals are routed to the 12 x control channels on the front panel, each of which have a ‘Normal’ and an ‘Alternate’ input selection. Each channel has three buttons: one for input selection, another to Mute the channel and the third to select whether the channel input is routed to the left, right or stereo output legs.
The knob for each channel controls the level of the input routed to the output and the knob also illuminates either green, amber or red to show input level. Pressing the knob ‘Solos’ the channel input to the output.
Front panel LEDs show the AoIP network status, synchronisation status and the status of the AC and DC power supply inputs.
The front panel has 3 outputs: paralleled stereo headphones on 6.35mm (¼”) jack and 3.5mm jack sockets, each with their own individual attenuation settings, and a mono-mix speaker output. There are discrete volume controls for the headphones and the speaker, and the latter also has a mute button.
The rear panel has an additional 3 line level XLR-3 audio outputs, which can be designated as mono mix or left or right channel outputs of the mixed audio content (similar to the speaker and headphone outputs respectively), or any of the physical inputs or AoIP input sources.
The unit also sends to the network, as AoIP AES67 streams, the 8 channels of the 4 physical stereo inputs, together with a stereo mix of the speaker output.
The unit can act as a PTP masterclock or slave clock and supports IEEE1588-2008 PTPv2 media and default profiles.
The rear panel contains IEC mains and secondary DC power inputs which provide power redundancy to the product. There are two Ethernet RJ45 connections (control and AoIP) and there is an Ethernet SFP module that, when used, replaces the AoIP RJ45 connection.
A rear panel GPIO connector provides 10 local ports which can be user configured as inputs or outputs and provide software controlled functionality. A voltage free relay contact can be used to operate external equipment.
A built-in web server provides complete configuration control of the unit including source assignment to each channel and also allows for firmware updates and configuration backup. The unit can be controlled by suitable Ember+ commands.
Product Function: A mix monitor for monitoring 2 x 12 AES67 Audio Over IP audio channels in a compact 1U format rack to analogue outputs, a headphone output and built-in speaker.
Typical Applications: Production gallery or control room channel monitoring positions, OB truck monitoring, confidence channel monitoring of any AoIP installation.
- AES67 as a format has been established, providing compatibility with most other AoIP products – the unit uses RAVENNA audio to ensure AES67 compatibility.
- A built-in web server is used for all configuration. Sources for all channels are simply assigned on one webpage and can be freely selected and altered at will.
- SAP can be used as a discovery mechanism to discover Dante devices and monitor Dante® AES67 streams. Dante® is a trademark of Audinate Pty Ltd.
- Confidence monitoring on the translucent volume knob for each channel so you’ve got ‘at-a-glance’ monitoring available.
- The front panel Mute button and the Solo feature on the control knob allow a single channel, or a handful of, channels to be auditioned quickly.
- For each channel, ‘Normal’ and ‘Alternate’ inputs can be switched quickly (with <1msec accuracy) for direct comparison.
- Each channel can be directed to headphone left ear, right ear, or a stereo mix, providing you with the ability to set up a familiar headphone mix.
- 6.35mm (1/4”) & 3.5mm headphone outputs and a speaker output with separate LS & HP volume controls.
- Sources from AoIP, balanced or 3 x unbalanced inputs.
- Destinations to AoIP or rear panel balanced outputs.
- Dual 1Gb lan ports & 1Gb SFP fibre port.
- 10 user assignable GPIO ports.
- Dual AC & DC power supply inputs.
- Ethernet webserver control & configuration.
- Speaker mute button.